Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 521048
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD Regional
- Full time hours
- Maximum term contract until 30 June 2023
- Toowoomba location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian movement. We support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. We act for humanity.
The Red Cross HomeStay Service supports people at risk of homelessness to prevent them from losing access to secure accommodation and becoming homeless. The program is aimed at providing mobile support services to people in their own home, in temporary living situations or in a community setting.
In this role you will provide mobile, outreach and/or centre-based case management support to individuals and families. In addition, you will undertake case coordination and network development activities to strengthen integrated working relationships between providers according to the identified level of client need.
What you will bring
- Knowledge of evidence-based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients at risk of homelessness who have complex needs from a variety of cultural backgrounds, to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, discretion and judgement in working both independently and as part of a team
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in MS Office and client databases
- Demonstrated experience of administering Brokerage funds in the context of case management plans
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strong and effective partnerships with community groups, service providers and other key stakeholders
- A current employee Blue Card
- Valid drivers licence
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Red Cross respects, values and encourages diversity. We believe that diversity in our people enriches our organisation as well as the impact we have.
To find out more about this opportunity please refer to the position description below.
For additional enquiries, please contact Charlene Keller on 0426 507 154 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: 28th September 2022 at 11:55PM
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, and the advertisement may close earlier than the specified date.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to protecting the rights of all people, particularly those who may be experiencing vulnerability. We want the people we work with to feel safe, be safe, and free from abuse of any kind. We are a child safe organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. We value, respect and listen to children and are committed to supporting child safety and wellbeing in our work.
Thank you for considering a career at Red Cross. We also have great opportunities to volunteer. Click here to find out more.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend