Back to search results
Support Officer - Response
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 519915
Work type: Part time
Location: New South Wales, Victoria
- Maximum term until end of December 2022
- Part time - 3 days per week
- Flexible location - Melbourne or Sydney preferred
About Australian Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian movement. We support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. We act for humanity.
About the role
You will support emergency response, recovery and institutional preparedness activities as part of Australian Red Cross’s engagement in global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement disaster and crisis operations.
You will support the development of key information products and reports for the ARC Response team including proposals and narrative reports for donors, briefing documents and data visuals as well as monitor progress towards outcomes and milestones with funding agreements. You will also support the workload of ongoing Response Team projects, ensuring they stay on track during periods of high activity.
What you will bring
- Interest in international disaster and crisis response and risk reduction
- Proven ability to work to deadlines (experience in managing projects would be valued)
- Proficient in information analysis and data presentation
- Skilled in writing across a range of reporting formats, including formal communications
- Methodical approach with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and collaborative
- Able to employ initiative and creativity in approach to work
We utilise Covid-19 safe practices
We encourage all of our employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and a number of states have mandated that Australian Red Cross employees must be vaccinated to perform work for us. Please make sure that you are able to comply with these government requirements or have the appropriate medical exemption information available.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Red Cross respects, values and encourages diversity. We believe that diversity in our people enriches our organisation as well as the impact we have.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below.
For further enquiries, please contact the team on email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online to be considered for this role.
Position description: PD - Support Officer.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Sunday, 30th January 2022.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend