Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 519354
Work type: Part time
Location: Northern Territory
- Permanent, part time hours (15.2 hours per week)
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Provide casework support to migrants in transition through Red Cross Emergency Relief, particularly in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What you will bring
- Qualification in Social Work or equivalent
- Experience in providing casework support and complex case management
- Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds who have experienced grief, loss, torture, and trauma and who experience ongoing safety risks
- A sound understanding of the social political issues and needs impacting migrants in transition
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interagency collaboration and ability to negotiate, lead collaboration, advocate and network with internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- An Ochre card is a mandatory requirement for the role
Be part of one of the world’s largest humanitarian organisations and know that our work directly contributes to improving lives for people experiencing vulnerability. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Bill Daw on 0467 220 895
Complex Caseworker - COVID-19 (State & Territory) PD.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend