Back to search results
Advisor - Recovery and Resilience
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 519331
Work type: Full time
- Full time position - 38 hours per week
- Maximum term until December 2022
- Based in Gippsland or North East Victoria
- Help keep our people and the communities we work with safe
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people. Our vision is human dignity, peace, safety, and well-being for all.
About the role
Leading the day-to-day operations of the Victorian Recovery team, you will enable the work of our place-based recovery team, as affected communities transition to the second and third years of recovery. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a suite of resources and activities aimed to enhance the resilience of communities to the impact of emergencies and related stressors.
You will play a critical role in developing and leading the implementation of local/community-based recovery and resilience-building programs and relationships, to support communities impacted by disasters and changing climate.
You will have a strong focus on community engagement, implementing sustainable and effective community preparedness and recovery initiatives aimed to increase community capacity to support a strong, positive recovery and to better prepare for future disaster events across impacted areas of Victoria.
What you will bring
- Highly developed understanding and experience in community development and/or emergency management
- Demonstrated experience in program management, including design, analysis and implementation of projects within a multi-site environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and within a matrix management structure
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
A Victorian Working with Children Check and driver's licence are mandatory requirements for this role.
Why Red Cross?
Work as a part of the Emergency Services Team and make a genuine difference to the community by being part of resilience, relief and recovery efforts for people in emergencies.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For more information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Emma Wilce on 0409 316 272.
Position description: Advisor - Recovery & Resilience.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Sunday 24th October 2021. Please apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications as they come in and may close the advertisement earlier.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend