Back to search results
Lead, International Humanitarian Diplomacy
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518903
Work type: Full time
- Permanent position
- Full time - 38 hours per week
- Based in North Melbourne, VIC (open to flexible locations)
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements. Our vision is human dignity, peace, safety, and well-being for all.
About the team and the role
This role is based within the International Influence and Advocacy Team who work closely with stakeholders in Australia, regionally and globally on targeted humanitarian issues. This position will lead our work that seeks to influence and speak up for principled humanitarian action and sector reform. It will also support capacity building initiatives on humanitarian advocacy at regional level through training and mentoring.
This position will establish close relationships with relevant Australian and International Government and Humanitarian agencies, undertake evidence-based advocacy and position ARC and our partners on humanitarian issues. It will do this through an enhanced focus on context analysis; position papers; think pieces; public and private submissions. It will have a highly tactical approach to negotiating for humanitarian diplomacy outcomes.
What you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences or related fields, skills and/or experience in aid and or the humanitarian sector
- Excellent knowledge of the development and humanitarian sectors, goals, challenges and issues, and of Red Cross’ work
- Demonstrated capability to lead research, advocacy and policy projects
- Proven ability to consult and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior decision makers
- Experience at liaison and negotiation with government and donors
Why Red Cross
Work for purpose and know that your work helps keep our people and the communities we work with safe.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
To find out more about this opportunity, please refer to the position description below or contact Fiona Tarpey on 0423 055 691 for a confidential discussion.
Position description: PD - IP Lead Humanitarian Diplomacy.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Tuesday, 3rd August 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend