Back to search results
Community Programs Officer
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518886
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum term position
- Full Time hours
- Burradoo and Bowral, NSW locations
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Community Programs Officer (CVS) is responsible for effectively and efficiently delivering the suite of Community Visitors Scheme programs across the Greater Sydney area. These activities include client/resident assessment, volunteer induction/program specific training, engagement, matching and support. The Officer works under the direction of the Social Support Manager as part of the Regional team to continually identify and implement strategies to improve and expand services in line with the Red Cross Strategic Direction and best practice principles.
What you will bring
- Strong affinity and experience with the target group of frail older persons living either in residential aged care facilities or within the community and in receipt of packaged in-home care
- Ability to follow and implement organisational policies and contractual requirements
- Experience working with and/or managing volunteers would be very well regarded
- Ability to develop and deliver innovative service and strategic initiatives within budget constraints
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities with strong attention to detail
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including with people from a wide range of backgrounds
A current Working with Children Check and Australian Drivers licence are mandatory requirements of this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Tamara Te Huia on 0466 345 124.
Position description: Community Programs Officer.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Sunday 1st August 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend