Back to search results
NSW GROW Murray Coordinator
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518854
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum Term position - 3 years
- Full time hours - Will also consider part time or job share
- Albury, NSW location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
NSW GROW (Growing Regions of Welcome) is an initiative of Multicultural NSW (NSW Government). NSW GROW will resource local communities and organisations in the NSW Murray region to drive a strategic, collaborative approach to attracting and retaining newcomers. A focus on place will enable the communities to address their unique economic and social objectives and joining with others at a regional level will allow them to better use existing services and infrastructure and strengthen newcomer inclusion.
The GROW Murray Coordinator will drive strategies for attraction and retention of prospective newcomers to the region on behalf of the Murray Regional Taskforce and in collaboration with Taskforce members, key community leaders and influencers and the Project Steering Committee and associated projects in the Riverina region and Western Sydney.
What you will bring
- Demonstrable strategies for effectively managing competing work activities within planned timeframes and performance standards including determining priorities and managing projects using Agile strategies and tools such as Trello or MS Planner
- High-level proficiency using MS Office or like programs to record, draft and present information, including data for government and community audiences at multiple levels
- Experience with preparation of communication strategies and management of media engagement and commercial and civil protocols for working with Government, Business and Community leaders
- Significant experience working with business and/or community leaders in roles that provide influence and guidance on innovation and managing change
- Experience working with individuals and groups of culturally diverse identity to engage their trust and participation in activities that develop their readiness for economic and social engagement in regional communities
A current Australian driver’s licence and Working with Children Check are mandatory requirements for this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Nadine Whalan on 0481 036 474.
Position description: PD - GROW Coordinator.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Monday 9th August 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend