Back to search results
Senior Officer - Evidence & Influence
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518596
Work type: Full time
Location: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
- Maximum term position until June 2022
- Full time – 38 hours per week
- Flexible location
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Senior Officer – Policy and Influence will support MSP teams in developing and maintaining high level, evidence based internal and external reports on issues of humanitarian concern facing a range of client groups, including people seeking asylum, refugees, and migrants in transition in vulnerable situations. They will work with nationwide teams to develop tools and capacity for evidence based humanitarian diplomacy and lead various projects including government and social policy analysis and issues-based advocacy development. They will also support internal nationwide reporting across programs.
What you will bring
- Highly developed ability to source information, analyse and synthesise complex data and provide succinct, compelling and evidence informed briefings or draft reports
- Advanced understanding of humanitarian issues and policies relating to a range of groups impacted by migration, including people seeking asylum and refugees
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write, edit, analyse information and effectively collaborate on reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of the tools and actions required for effective influence through humanitarian diplomacy
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, including links to impact reporting
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise competing workloads under pressure
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Michael Kunz on 0427 041 579.
Position description: Senior Officer - Evidence & Influence pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend