Back to search results
State Lead Recovery and Resilience
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518593
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum Term position
- Full time hours
- Sydney, NSW location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This senior role within the NSW/ACT Emergency Services team will work closely with the State Emergency Services Manager in leading Red Cross Recovery and Resilience programs.
On a day to day basis the State Lead - Recovery will manage and support regional Emergency Services recovery teams working in a number of locations to ensure co-ordination of these activities whilst also engaging with state and regional stakeholders to ensure alignment and successful delivery of Red Cross resilience and recovery programs in partnership with the rest of the sector. The role will also provide support during an event and provide leadership on relevant projects as directed by the Emergency Services Manager.
What you will bring
- High level understanding of and experience in emergency management and a detailed understanding of emergency preparedness, response and recovery arrangements
- High level developed oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects involving a range of stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and coaching
- High developed skills in community engagement and development.
A current Working with Children Check and Australian Drivers licence are mandatory requirements of this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Diana Bernardi on 0409 719 130.
Position description: State Lead - Recovery.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Monday 21st June 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend