Back to search results
Disability Support Officer (VIC)
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518342
Work type: Part time
- Part time hours (30.4 per week)
- Maximum term until end June 2022
- North Melbourne location
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people. Our vision is human dignity, peace, safety and well-being for all. We promote diversity in all its forms and, in particular, we empower people of all abilities to meet life's challenges and participate fully in the community.
About the role
As a Disability Support Officer, you will be a point of contact and support for workforce members living with a disability. You will champion a positive workplace culture focused on disability awareness by providing information and guidance to raise the awareness of disability inclusion across the organisation and connect people with meaningful opportunities to contribute and grow their skills.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a range of educational programs across the organisation. In addition you will drive and coordinate a range of disability and inclusion related events and develop partnerships with external stakeholders to promote and share volunteering and employment opportunities.
What you will bring
- Proven highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Proven understanding and commitment to the rights of people with Disabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office or similar software and experience using databases
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Social Work, Disability Services or Social Science, Health and/or experience in the Disability Sector will be highly regarded
- A valid Driver Licence is required for this role
Why work with us?
Work for purpose and know that your work fosters a diverse and inclusive organisation.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
To find out more about this opportunity please refer to the position description below or contact Georgina Brush on 0439 855 581 for a confidential discussion.
PD - Disability Support Officer (VIC).pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend