Back to search results
Project Officer Recovery
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518328
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum term – 12 month contract with possible extension
- Full time hours
- Hawkesbury, NSW location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This role will report to the Team Leader Recovery & Resilience and will have a strong focus on community engagement, implementing sustainable and effective community disaster preparedness and recovery initiatives aimed to increase community capacity to support a strong, positive recovery and to better prepare for future disaster events. The role requires a self-motivated and proactive person, able to manage their own time effectively, with strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
On a day-today basis, the role will work with key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the program objectives are delivered on time and within budget.
What you will bring
- Highly developed understanding and experience in community development and/or emergency management including community preparedness and resilience
- Experience in managing volunteers; including mentoring, training and workshop facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in program management, including design, analysis and implementation of projects within a multi-site environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and within a matrix management structure
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels
- Well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
A current Working with Children Check and Australian Drivers licence is mandatory for this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Mark McMullen on 0414 928 129.
Position description: Project Officer - Recovery 0036317 19-5-2021 JA.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Tuesday 15th June 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend