Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518323
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum term position
- Full time hours
- Randwick, NSW location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Australian Red Cross Young Parents Program (YPP) works to ensure best outcomes for children and families by improving the capacity of young parents with complex needs aged 13 to 25, to live and parent independently.
The Case Manager is responsible for supporting young parents, and their children, living in the Residential Stage of YPP. The role supports very young parents with complex needs and behaviours to develop independent parenting and living skills, through the provision of integrated, individualised case management, behaviour support and direct parenting support to ensure best possible outcomes for children. The role requires shift work, daily support to all families in the residence, as well as specific responsibility for a case load of allocated families.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated therapeutic case management skills, including experience developing and monitoring case plans with clients
- Understanding of adolescent development and best practice working with young women and men with complex needs and behaviours, and demonstrated sensitivity to the needs and issues facing young parents (aged 13-24) and their children
- Excellent client motivation skills, particularly with young people with challenging behaviours and a history of non-engagement with services
- Demonstrated understanding of parent craft, child development, health care needs of babies/children and best practice in parenting newborns, toddlers and younger children
- Cultural competence including demonstrated understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and experience providing effective cultural support
- Flexible approach to work hours to ensure client and program needs are met; Includes willingness and ability to do weekday shift work including morning shifts and evening shifts
A current Working with Children Check, Australian Drivers licence and First Aid Qualification are mandatory requirements of this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Rachael Smith on 0478 330 048.
Position description: Case Manager Residential.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Thursday 24th June 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend