Back to search results
Team Leader - Roadhouse
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518238
Work type: Full time
Location: Australian Capital Territory
- Maximum Term position
- Full time hours
- Garran, ACT location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The role of the Roadhouse Team Leader is to coordinate all activities of the Roadhouse Program such as: free meals, information and referral services, material aid and related community events. The Team Leader has primary responsibility for the delivery of human-centred client support service, support to staff and volunteers, as well as reporting and other administrative and financial functions. The Team Leader Roadhouse also contributes to organisational change activities, including continuous improvement, quality measures and building an optimal team culture.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience in program coordination, particularly in the not-for-profit sector including liaising with stakeholders, basic reporting, small team management and flexible problem solving
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing people who are of homeless and/or at risk of being homeless
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex environment with people with challenging behaviours
- Experience leading teams, particularly volunteer teams (including recruitment, induction, rostering and ongoing support)
- Demonstrated understanding of how to manage competing and changing needs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including respectful and effective interpersonal working relationships, basic report writing and de-escalation techniques
A current Working with Children Check, First Aid & CPR qualification and Australian Drivers licence are all mandatory requirements of this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Bianca Russell on 0409 940 756.
Position description: Team Leader - Roadhouse.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Sunday 16th May 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend