Back to search results
Team Leader - Joint Support Program
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518145
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Permanent role
- Full time hours
- Blacktown, NSW location
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
Our Casework Support Program (CSP) provides case co-ordination and support for young people who have been assessed as having a medium to high level of offending related risk and are under supervision of Youth Justice in Blacktown and Penrith LGAs. This is achieved through a coordinated service delivery approach with Youth Justice and the provision of individualised case co-ordination to access identified community support for a period of 12 weeks.
About the role
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of our Casework Support Program. This includes supervising case co-ordination and practice and ensuring the delivery of a quality, client focused support for young people.
You will provide a coordinated service delivery approach with Juvenile Justice and the provision of individualised support to meet identified goals over a 12 week period.
Specifically, you will be responsible for case reviews, responding to critical incidents, staff supervision, support and development, data management and reporting and direct advocacy.
You will also carry a small case load of clients for case coordination.
What you will bring
- Clinical/case management experience and experience in using strengths based, culturally appropriate approaches to work effectively and creatively with young people with complex needs and behaviours, including disability
- Demonstrated program management and implementation skills and experience managing, supporting and developing staff and volunteers
- Cultural humility including demonstrated ability to engage effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and client motivation skills particularly with young people with challenging behaviours and a history of offending and non-engagement with services
- Demonstrated planning, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills including experience with monitoring and report writing
- Flexible approach to work hours to ensure client and program needs are met
An Australian driver’s license and a Working with Children check are mandatory requirements for this role.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose and know that your work will contribute to better outcomes for young people under the supervision of Youth Justice.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
To find out more about the responsibilities and requirements for this role, please refer to the position description below. For additional enquiries, please contact Judy Harper 0400 993 092 for a confidential discussion.
Position description: Team Leader Joint Support Program.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Friday 14th May 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend