Back to search results
Project Officer - Recovery
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 518099
Work type: Part time
Location: New South Wales
Australian Red Cross considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification of this role under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Maximum term position
- Part time
- Northern Rivers, NSW location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Reporting to the Preparedness and Recovery Coordinator, this role will work to build Red Cross’s capacity and capability to deliver community-led recovery programming with Aboriginal and Torres Strait communities impacted by drought and bushfires. The Project Officer will work within a wider community recovery team, which includes volunteers to implement sustainable and effective community recovery initiatives. The Project Officer will work with the Coordinator to increase community capacity in preparedness, recovery and drought and in a changing climate.
What you will bring
- As an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, community and country
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, including the requirement for genuine and transparent consultation and negotiation
- Basic administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Events management experience highly regarded
- Have an understanding of community development
A current Working with Children Check and Australian Drivers licence is mandatory for this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Mark McMullen on 0428 922 617.
Position description: Project Officer - Recovery.pdf
Applications for this role will close at 11:55pm on Monday 14th June 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend