Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517894
Work type: Full time
- Maximum term position until 30 June 2023
- Full time
- Toowoomba, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
YHaRS (Youth Housing and Reintegration Service) aims to help reduce homelessness through the provision of support, brokerage and accommodation for young people who are exiting or transitioning from Child Safety orders and/or transitioning from a period of sentence or remand in Youth Detention Centres, and living in unstable or temporary housing.
In this role you will adopt a case management approach that is planned, integrated and delivered in a coordinated way. You will operate from a person-centred, holistic, systemic and strength based framework that focuses on building the capacity and resilience of the young people we work with.
What you will bring
- Significant experience working with individuals and/or families with complex needs in a community services organisation or similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities
- Experience administering Brokerage funds in the context of case management plans
- Ability to minimise the risk which arises from crisis situations and exercise professional judgement on ethical and legislative requirements
- Understanding of reflective practice and continuous improvement
- Current employee Blue Card (working with children check)
- Current driver's licence
Be part of one of the world’s largest humanitarian organisations and know that our work directly contributes to improving lives for people experiencing vulnerability. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
To find out more about this opportunity please see the position description below or contact Charlene Keller on 07 3333 8733
Position Description: 513989 PD Case Manager (YHARS).pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend