Back to search results
Regional Operations Manager
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517868
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Permanent position
- Full time hours
- Nowra, NSW location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Lead a great team that supports the delivery of community programs and community development, including social support, people in contact with the justice system, and young parents. Effective operational management enables delivery of quality services, community development, and regional growth. This position includes the coordination and oversight of all administrative and business enabling activities including financial and budget management, contract management, performance monitoring, managing staff and their ongoing development. The role also manages volunteer, student and member support within the region as part of the broader management team, and collaborates with a wide variety of external stakeholders.
In addition to supporting the smooth running of ‘business as usual’ operations, this position will support the Regional leadership team in identifying continuous improvement and growth opportunities to meet identified need, ensure quality standards and strategic alignment. It is part of the NSW Senior Leadership Team.
Regular travel across Central Region (Sydney to Narooma) will be required.
What you will bring
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and collaborate with a diverse cross section of stakeholders.
- Senior experience in identifying and managing operational, reputational and financial risk and achieving corporate consistency and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and delivering projects to achieve outcomes, with a focus on client voice and co-design.
- Demonstrated experience in managing financial processes and procedures with an emphasis on transactional finance and managing contractual obligations.
- Senior ability to analyse complex problems, with a capacity to develop integrated, value for money and customer-focused solutions.
- Senior level experience in management of a remote multi-disciplinary team and demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
A current Working with Children Check and Australian Drivers licence is mandatory for this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Judy Harper on 0400 993 092.
Position description: Regional Operations Manager Nowra 2021.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Thursday 18th of March 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend