Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517861
Work type: Full time
Location: Australian Capital Territory
- Full time hours
- Maximum term to 30 April 2022
- Garran, ACT location
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
About the role
Our Birth Family Advocacy Support Service provides support to families with a diverse range of cultural backgrounds where there are children and young people at risk of or who have entered the care system.
As a Case Worker you will be responsible for providing information and advocacy support to families engaged with the Service as well as supporting a team of volunteers.
You will bring together your specialist knowledge in child protection law and practice and experience working with parents and families to provide direct client support, stakeholder engagement and volunteer leadership.
What you will bring
- Proven experience working with parents and families involved with Child and Youth Protection Services, and a demonstrated understanding of their needs
- Specialist knowledge and experience of child protection law and practice, local policies and procedures
- Strong cultural awareness and demonstrated skills and understanding in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Ability to listen, counsel and relate to families in a non-judgemental and culturally sensitive manner
- Highly developed empowerment, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate in a confident, assertive, and non-aggressive manner and ability to manage conflict
- Experience working within a Community Development Framework
- Capacity to work within a strengths based approach and apply trauma informed practice principles
A current Australian Driver’s License and a Working with Children Check are mandatory requirements of this role.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose and know that your work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people and communities
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
To find out more about this opportunity please refer to the position description below. For additional enquiries, please contact Danielle Parra on 0466 496 064 for a confidential discussion.
Position description: Case Worker Birth Family Advocacy Support Service.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Friday 14th May 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend