Back to search results
Learner Driver Mentor Program Coordinator
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517844
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
Australian Red Cross considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification of this role under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Maximum Term - 12 month contract
- Full time hours
- Blacktown & Mount Druitt locations
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to be part of a new initiative starting a Learner Driver Program in the Mt Druitt community. The program will provide a flexible and holistic approach to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Mt Druitt area get their driver’s license. This is done by working with people to overcome the barriers they may experience to obtain a drivers licence, while aiming to minimise the contact with the criminal justice system for participants for driving and licencing offences.
What you will bring
- Recruiting, training and supporting Volunteer Mentors to provide supervised driving hours to participants
- Building relationships and partnerships, while working alongside local organisations to promote the program and help people access the program
- Fostering and maintaining trust with participants, community and local organisations
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and work in community, and have experience working with Aboriginal community members
Ideally, the applicant will be familiar with the Mt Druitt community and working with volunteers. The program is a partnership between Red Cross, Kimberwalli, Just Reinvest NSW and IAG. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification to succeed in this role.
An Australian Drivers Licence and a Working with Children Check are both mandatory for this role.
Why work with us
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Lona Kuchey on 0466 442 811.
Position description: Learner Driver Mentor Program - Position Description.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Thursday 18th March 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend