Back to search results
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Project Lead
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517805
Work type: Part time
Applicants must be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. This is a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic)
- Permanent role
- Part time hours (Flexible - 3 or 4 days per week)
- North Melbourne location
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is building a better society based on people helping people. We support people during emergencies, in personal crises and through ongoing hardships. We build partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities, help people who are experiencing exclusion for social connections, support vulnerable migrants and stand with communities as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters.
We walk alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities and are committed to ensuring our organisation is a safe and inclusive place where we can learn from each other and increase our understanding of reconciliation, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories and cultural ways of doing business.
About the role
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Project Lead provides leadership and support in delivering our People and Culture outcomes under the Reconciliation Action plan and the implementation of the Workforce Action plan. This role will assist in developing positive employment pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff at Red Cross in Victoria. The Project Lead will play a key role in supporting growth, development and wellbeing initiatives for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff in Victoria. The role will also assist in the coordination and collaboration of activities that strengthen cultural awareness and participation of Red Cross Managers and staff, support the development of competent and culturally safe team environments in Victoria. The Project Lead may also assist with the delivery of cultural awareness training.
This role will collaborate with the Victorian Wominjeka Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander leadership group and will provide advice and support to the Victorian Leadership team. The role has the opportunity to work with, access support and connect with the Red Cross National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Leadership Team.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people/communities
- Stakeholder engagement capability and experience building positive relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, organisations and individuals
- Strong ability to be a flexible, positive and collaborative team member
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and verbally with a broad range of people
- Ability to present to diverse audiences and capability to assist with the delivery of training
- Experience building relationships and influencing individuals and teams in a range of capacities
- Knowledge and understanding of progressive HR / Recruitment practices would be an advantage
Why work with us?
Work for purpose and know that your work fosters a diverse and culturally aware organisation.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Please refer to the position description below or contact Georgina Brush on 0439 855 581.
PD - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Project Lead (517805).pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend