Back to search results
Communities for Children Coordinator
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517548
Work type: Part time
Location: Northern Territory
• Permanent position
• Part Time (25 hours per week)
• Tiwi Islands
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
Red Cross is committed to building long-term and respectful partnerships by working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations to determine and lead
their own solutions. To support this commitment, Red Cross is determined to build our capacities through meaningful and rewarding employment and Volunteering opportunities for Aboriginal and
Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role
The Tiwi Communities for Children program has a strong focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of local families and children 0-12 years of age. In this role, you will engage Tiwi community members and service providers including families and stakeholders across the Tiwi Islands, to participate in and endorse appropriate initiatives, which benefit all families and children of the Tiwi communities.
What you will bring
• Knowledge and understanding of Tiwi people and culture and the issues for Tiwi Aboriginal families and children
• Demonstrated understanding of community development principles and practices
• Excellent communication skills; including written, oral and group facilitation
• High level of leadership, motivation, personal and group organisational skills
• Knowledge of existing Tiwi networks and agencies delivering family support and children’s programs
• Relevant tertiary qualifications, skills and/or experience in community services, education or related field
• An ability to learn Red Cross internal systems in order to be a part of small Tiwi Red Cross team as well as larger Red Cross NT teams
• An ability to complete simple reports in limited timeframes
• A NT Working with Children check / Ochre Card
• Current driver’s license
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Kathryn Bannister on +10407673401
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend