Back to search results
Community Liaison Officer (Roadhouse)
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517284
Work type: Part time
Location: Australian Capital Territory
- Part time (16 hours per week)
- Maximum term position until 30 June 2021
- Canberra location
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Red Cross’ ‘Roadhouse’ provides support and free food to Canberra’s homeless and vulnerable people. In this role, you will provide information and support to clients, identifying opportunities for client empowerment while championing a strength based, person centred approach.
The Roadhouse program runs from the Griffin Center 6 days per week. This role will comprise two shifts at the program on Saturday and Sunday afternoons (totalling six hours), and a further 10 hours of office based work which can be distributed across 2 or 3 days (Monday to Friday).
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience with a diverse client group, particularly working with clients exhibiting behaviours associated with mental health challenges, AOD intoxication, trauma and disadvantage
- A working knowledge of services available to vulnerable people in Canberra
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Demonstrated integrity, tact and discretion
- Ability to use MS Office products.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Current Drivers Licence
- A current Working with Vulnerable People's Card
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Karlya Parnell on 0414 494 582
PD - Community Liaison Officer (Roadhouse) - Oct 2020.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend