Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517276
Work type: Full time
- Full time (38 hours per week)
- Ongoing role
- Milton, Qld location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our vision is human dignity, peace, safety and well-being for all. Our purpose is supporting and empowering people and communicates in times of vulnerability, preventing and alleviating suffering across Australia and internationally through mobilising the power of humanity.
About the role
The Executive Advisor is responsible for driving significant organisational change - oversighting Queensland’s transformation and growth opportunities within Justice, Migration and Emergency Services to align with Red Cross’ national strategic priorities and areas of focus over the next three years. The role will be responsible for supporting strategic alignment and future growth through core business methodologies such as ongoing growth forecasting and forward planning, coordinating all new business responses, and provide advice and apply skills in strategy development, policy analysis and management for local implementation of strategy.
The role will contribute technical knowledge and expertise on matters like; government and strategic stakeholder engagement and relationship management; analysis and strategic policy advice, and have a strong project management focus.
This role will lead business improvement projects and provide significant contribution to strategic direction, program rigor and risk management and integration planning and resource management. The Executive Advisor will also liaise and work with Branches, members and volunteers.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience in leading organisational change and developing organisational capacity
- Previous senior leadership experience including demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to develop positive and influential relationships internally and externally and mange conflict effectively
- High level strategic thinking, planning, reporting and project management skills
- Strong organisational ability to effectively manage competing priorities with initiative and sound judgement based on the organisation’s and Director’s priorities
- Demonstrated experience developing or reforming structures and accountability systems to improve strategic engagement and enable a more client-centred, outcome-focussed organisation
- Significant business analysis, planning and reporting skills relevant to guiding a large and diverse workforce
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. We support flexible work arrangements and you can also access to generous salary packaging options using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
To find out more about this opportunity, please see position description below or contact Garry Page on (07) 3367 7201 for a confidential conversation.
Position Description - Executive Advisor.pdf
Please submit a current resume and cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) with your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend