Back to search results
Disaster Risk Management Technical Lead
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517260
Work type: Full time
- Ongoing position
- Full time - 38 hours per week
- Based in North Melbourne, VIC
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Technical Lead is responsible for advising Australian Red Cross on the delivery of high quality and inclusive DRM assistance to people affected by disaster and crises.
Working with direction from the Head of International Technical Services, the DRM Technical Lead is responsible for setting the strategic direction for Australian Red Cross’ International Programs DRM commitments, drawing on key stakeholders within Australian Red Cross, the wider Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, and externally.
What you will bring
- Significant experience (preferably international) of disaster preparedness/response/recovery/management programming with Red Cross Red Crescent, NGOs or other similar organisations
- Demonstrated understanding of climate science and experience in integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies into DRM plans and programs
- Experience in international humanitarian response
- Experience in strategic relationship development and management with Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, sector and external partners and stakeholders, including remotely
- Demonstrated capacity to conceptualise, design, guide, monitor, evaluate and draw lessons from DRM interventions
- Demonstrated capability in writing technical position papers and thought pieces
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitating face to face and remote trainings and other forms of capacity strengthening initiatives for peers and partners
- Excellent analytical capacity including interpersonal, negotiation and cross-cultural skills
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Veronica Bell on 0424 731 849.
Position description: PD - Disaster Risk Management Technical Lead.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Thursday, 29 October 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend