Back to search results
Assessment and Referral Worker
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517238
Work type: Part time
- Maximum term contract until 30 June 2023
- Part time (0.4 FTE)
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Enable place-based operational goals and work plans for the Homelessness Services Hub which supports people at risk of or experiencing homelessness through providing client-centred services and coordinated responses across the community services sector. Use innovative and evidence-based practices to assist people to access the homeless service system and support their transition out of homelessness or assist in preventing them from becoming homeless.
What you will bring
- Experience working with individuals and/or families with complex needs, in a community services organisation or similar setting
- An understanding of the complexity of issues that contribute to homelessness in regional QLD
- Knowledge of evidence based casework strategies and principles
- Experience of administering Brokerage funds
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Sound proficiency in MS Office and client databases.
- Current drivers license
- A current, employee Blue Card is a mandatory requirement
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Emily Mussap on 0481 039 943
Position Description - Assessment and Referral Worker.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend