Back to search results
Volunteer Workforce Coordinator - Retail
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517150
Work type: Full time
- Max term - 12 months Contract
- Full-time position Based in Melbourne
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This position will work with our Area Managers, warehouse team and Red Cross Shop managers (volunteer managers) across Victoria to support the functions, to create easy, remarkable and relevant volunteer experiences. Your role will see you working alongside our Victorian retail team to create a dynamic culture for our volunteers. This will include supporting our volunteer managers to understand our volunteer systems, processes and to informed of activities across Victoria and Red Cross.
Supported by the Community Mobilisation Manager, you will provide vital training, continual improvement and systems support that underpins the volunteer experience at Red Cross in Victoria. The role will assist with volunteer workforce planning and recruitment strategies, and strategies to promote retention.
You will also have the opportunity to connect and communicate with strategic networks, communities and stakeholders that can support you in your role.
What you will bring
- Significant experience in roles which have required strong relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to design, monitor and implement continuous improvement practices
- Advanced ability to train and build the capacity of others in systems and processes
- Strong influencer, communicator and driver of change
- Proven ability to ‘think outside the box’ and to apply innovation and technology to solutions
- Significant experience in working with and supporting volunteers and/or members
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Christine Crosby on (03) 8327 7923
Position Description : PD_Volunteer Workforce Coordinator_Retail_PD_Oct2020.pdf
Applications close at 11:55pm AEST on Thursday, 29 September 2020
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend