Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 517088
Work type: Casual
Location: Northern Territory
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 57 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1996 (NT). The position/s is/are therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Due to the nature and requirements of this role, applicants are required to be female.
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Work with community members and service providers, forming partnerships to achieve community identified actions and outcomes. Using Place Based Community Development skills and knowledge, this role will support both individual and community capacity building.
What you will bring
- Understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Awareness of Community Development approaches and ability to implement those approaches in a culturally appropriate manner
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders
- Flexibility to use varying skills to work with individuals from a wide range of cultural backgrounds and across genders
- Skills in using a variety of program activity equipment and ability to share those skills with others
- Good communication, written and computer skills
- A Working with Children check (Ochre card) is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Current drivers licence
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Joan Meredith on 0437 817 537
Position Description - Project Officer - Tennant Creek.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend