Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516943
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Ongoing position
- Full time
- Based in Sydney, NSW
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Data Engineer role will sit within the Data and Integration Squad in IT and will own (design, implement and support) the AWS Big Data technologies such as the Data Lake and Data Warehouse and support the organisation in growing the data analytics capabilities at Red Cross. In addition to this, the data engineer role will also administer the Power BI tool and support the implementation of the data mastering capability.
What you will bring
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience in dimensional modelling and building data vaults
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
Why work for us?
Work for purpose and know that your work assists Red Cross support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
Generous salary packaging options available that can increase your take home pay.
To find out more about this opportunity please see the position description below or contact Sharath Kumar Gurram on 02 8651 8839.
Position Description: Position Description - Data Engineer .pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm Thursday, 24 September 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend