Back to search results
Community Development and Operations Officer
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516939
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
- Full time role based in Adelaide till June 2021
- Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
About the role
This position is responsible for supporting the operationalizing of key emergency services initiatives and community own capacity building activities across South Australia. This role will support building the capability and capacity of the Emergency Services staff and volunteer workforce to support people to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
You will work with a range of community groups, Local and state government agencies and other non-government organisations to build community capacity to respond and recover from emergencies, with a particular focus on those most at risk.
What you’ll bring
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively, form strategic partnerships resolve conflicts and solve problems.
- Proven highly developed capability to work with diverse individuals and groups including people from various cultural backgrounds
- Proven, highly developed ability to adapt to evolving work environments whilst maintaining a flexible and professional work ethic and approach
- Demonstrable experience and well developed skills in volunteer management and capacity development
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Alana Pedler on 0414816957
Closing date: Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 11:55PM AEST
Position Description: Community Development & Operations Officer.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend