Back to search results
Youth Worker - Safe Hang-out for All Kids
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516930
Work type: Casual
Location: Northern Territory
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Deliver supportive and innovative youth development programs for young people across the Darwin Region. Engage with a diverse range of young people to understand their needs and aspirations, using these insights to design and run activities that contribute to their personal development.
What you will bring
- A broad knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, histories and values and the issues impacting upon Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and a commitment to their rights, needs and aspirations
- Ability to work with culturally diverse communities
- Experience engaging with diverse stakeholder groups including young people, families and other professionals
- Good understanding of the issues facing young people in the Northern Territory, including demonstrated skill and commitment to working with young people
- Demonstrable organisational skills
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Erin Reilly on 0487 080 367
Position Description - Youth Worker.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend