Back to search results
Senior officer, Systems and Information
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516916
Work type: Full time
Location: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
- Full time role for 12 months, flexible location
- Join the Capacity Building team in our Migration Support Program
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
Our Migration Support Programs assist migrants in transition to ensure they have their humanitarian needs met and are participating and included in Australian society.
About the role
Join the Capacity Building team and support our people with systems and processes that helps equip them with the tools and resources to continually improve the assistance provided to our clients.
Our aim is to expand people’s skills and knowledge so that they feel more empowered to make informed decisions and know how to access the relevant information and utilise the relevant tools and systems in our Migration Support Programs.
Our key areas of focus are:
- Supporting people with problem solving and getting things done
- Systems and process improvement to make it easier to do our work
- Capacity building in human-centred design and agile ways of working
You can make a difference by taking on the coordination and change management of operational needs regarding systems, new technologies, and information management. You will get the chance to stream line and design admin, communication and information management processes, and collaborate to implement them across the nationwide team.
You will provide leadership in the integration, implementation and nationwide oversight of current information and client management systems as well as other new technologies.
What you will bring
- Proven knowledge, experience and coordination of key business areas, information management, communication strategies and project management skills
- Proven ability to coach and mentor people in new processes
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative, integrated and streamlined systems and ways of working
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective knowledge management systems
- Proven ability to work across multiple functions and collaborate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work with and lead teams of people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven capacity to be adaptive and resilient and to work independently in a self-directed manner, and also as a member of a team
- Demonstrated problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills
- A working knowledge of MS office and database management experience
- Experience in change management in implementing new systems and processes
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about the role responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the position description below. For additional enquiries contact Megan Goodwin on 0402 135 139
Position description: Senior Officer - Systems and Information PD
Closing date: Sunday 16 August 2020
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend