Back to search results
Team Leader Roadhouse
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516915
Work type: Full time
Location: Australian Capital Territory
- Maximum term position until June 2021
- Full time position - 38 hours per week
- Based in Garran, ACT
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
You will coordinate all activities of the Roadhouse Program such as free meals to people facing homelessness, information and referral services, material aid and related community events. You will have primary responsibility for the delivery of human-centred client services, leadership and support to staff and volunteers, as well as reporting and other administrative and financial functions.
You will also contribute to organisational change activities, including continuous improvement and developing an optimal team culture.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience in case management or coordination and implementing community development principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues of homeless and/or those at risk of being homeless
- Demonstrated experience in the homelessness or comparable sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and multicultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in, program coordination and project management
- Previous experience leading teams and strong understanding of how to coach and support teams through change
A Working with Vulnerable People Card is a mandatory requirement of this position.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Nina Bullock on 0405 975 350.
Position description: PD - Team Leader - Roadhouse.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Sunday, 9th August 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend