Back to search results
Emergency Services Resilience Coordinator
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516894
Work type: Part time
- Part time (30.4 hours per week)
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Support communities to prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters in their region. There is a strong focus on community engagement to support community-led resilience building. This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of sustainable and effective community preparedness and recovery initiatives, guided by national principles, aimed to increase community capacity to better prepare for future disaster events.
What you will bring
- Proven experience in utilising a strengths based community development approach and / or emergency management experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and group facilitation skills
- Proven experience in project management
- Experience in working with and supporting volunteers and/or members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Experience in developing and delivering training
- Strong commitment to Reconciliation
- Proficiency in MS Office
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Julie Groome on 0429 046 454.
Position Description - Emergency Services Resilience Coordinator.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend