Back to search results
Regional Operations Manager
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516858
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Maximum term position until June 2023
- Full time position - 38 hours per week
- Based in Narooma, NSW
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to support our place based community development walking alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and bushfire recovery work across the south east.
The role will represent Red Cross across the region, build and maintain strong partnerships and relationships with key local stakeholders within local Government, service and community groups, and identify growth and improvement opportunities to enable the business to adapt aligned with Red Cross strategy.
On a day to day basis the role will manage and support regional staff, volunteers and members, ensure our approach is community driven and underpinned by quality evidence based practice, and oversight of all administrative and business enabling activities.
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in community services or related field is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of/experience managing teams in not for profit/human service sector, ideally with a community development focus
- Experience engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and place based community development
- Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and delivering projects to achieve outcomes, within in a human services environment
- Senior ability to analyse complex problems, with a capacity to develop integrated persons and community-focused/driven solutions
A Working with Children Check is a mandatory requirement of this position.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Diana Bernardi on 0409 719 130.
Position Description: PD - Regional Operations Manager.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on 5th August 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend