Back to search results
Senior Mobilisation Officer - Western & Sunshine Coast Regions
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516852
Work type: Part time
- Maximum term contract for 4 months with possibility of extension (parental leave cover)
- Part time hours (30.4 hours per week)
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Drive the Volunteer, Membership and Mobilisation agenda in Queensland through project planning and implementing large scale, impactful approaches to humanitarian action through self-mobilising initiatives, volunteering opportunities and promoting humanitarian stories using social and digital technology.
What you will bring
- Understanding of appropriate project management tools and processes
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles, standards and responses
- Experience in roles which focus on engagement of individuals and/or communities through volunteering or other methods of participation/mobilisation
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of technology and social media platforms
- A high level of experience with quality and control processes
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people and people from Culturally and Linguistically diverse backgrounds
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Sophia Cole on 1800 833 489.
Position Description - Senior Mobilisation Officer.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend