Back to search results
Young Parents Program Manager
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516787
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Ongoing position
- Full time – 38 hours per week
- Based in Randwick, NSW
- Regular travel required
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a person passionate about working with young people, to support them as parents, supporting preservation, restoration and reunification in a unique program.
The Young Parents Program (YPP) works to ensure best outcomes for children and families by improving the capacity of young parents with complex needs aged 13 to 25, to live and parent independently.
The YPP Manager is responsible for the residential program located in Randwick, with Outreach and Aftercare sites in Parramatta, Gosford and Nowra.
What you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in child protection and management, which may include social work, psychology, youth work, welfare, health, education, child protection and/or early childhood;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and managing operational, reputational and financial risk, and achieving corporate consistency and compliance;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and delivering projects to achieve outcomes, within in a human services environment; and
- Excellent understanding of child protection and child development needs, including best practice when working with vulnerable children, adolescents and families.
A Working with Children Check, first aid qualification and driver’s licence are mandatory requirements of this role.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Judy Harper on 0400 993 092.
Position description: PD - Young Parents Program Manager.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Wednesday, 12 August 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend