Back to search results
Identified Project Officer - Recovery (NSW)
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 516724
Work type: Part time
Location: New South Wales
Australian Red Cross considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification of this role under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Maximum term position – 12 months from commencement
- Part time - 3 days per week
- 2 positions available - based in Eurobodalla and Bega Valley LGAs
- Identified position
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
What you will do
Join our team and work closely with Aboriginal communities recovering from bushfires.
You will play a key role in building community and volunteer capacity and capability in areas impacted by drought and bushfires.
You will help increase community capacity to support a strong, positive recovery from drought and bushfires and to better prepare for future disaster events.
What you will bring
- As an Aboriginal person, demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultures, community and country.
- Demonstrated understanding of community development.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic administrative, organisational and time management skills.
A Working with Children Check is a mandatory requirement of this position.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information, please view the position description attached below or contact Jessie Huard on 0414 571 190.
Position description: PD - Project Officer - Recovery (Identified).pdf
Applications for this role will closed at 11:55pm on Wednesday, 30 September 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend