Back to search results
Project Officer- Participation and Inclusion
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514692
Work type: Part time
- Part time role, 22.8 hours per week to end December 2021
- Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement
- Based across our offices in North Melbourne and Dandenong
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
We work to assist migrants in transition to ensure they have their humanitarian needs met and are participating and included in Australian society.
We seek to support people who are particularly vulnerable due to their circumstances, for example, people seeking protection, with restricted access to support and services, or vulnerable to exploitation.
We work directly with those seeking help, irrespective of their legal status, their background, or how they arrived in Australia.
About the role
You will lead and coordinate the Free to Choose, Empowered to Respond project within the Vic Migration Support Programs, focusing on the prevention of forced marriage within communities that have self- identified as being affected by forced marriage.
Working within the Participation and Inclusion team, and based across office sites in North Melbourne and Dandenong, you will recruit and work with bicultural volunteer workers and co-design and facilitate empowerment events that enable communities to prevent forced marriage as a form of family violence.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management, design and execution.
- Knowledge of positive prevention theories and person centred approaches.
- An understanding of social political issues and needs impacting migrants in transition and people who have experienced or are at risk of forced marriage.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including on the review and development of resources
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation skills along with excellent writing skills
- Strong group facilitation skills in a multicultural environment
- An ability to recruit, train, co-ordinate and support lived experience and co-facilitator volunteers
- Experience in working with people and or communities who have experienced or are at risk of forced marriage.
- A solid understanding of the social and political needs and issues of people who have been affected by migration including people who have experienced or at risk of forced marriage.
- Demonstrated skills and experience engaging with people who have experienced grief, loss, exploitation, torture, trauma and/or post-traumatic stress and uncertainty
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
This position requires Working with Children registration in Victoria, a National police check and a current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
For further details please see position description below. Additional enquiries to Ginta Mebalds on 0424 164 652
Position Description: Project Officer_Participation Inclusion PD Sept2018.pdf
Applications Closing Date: 09:00am - Wednesday, 08 July 2020 AEST
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend