Back to search results
Coordinator, Prison Support Program
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514677
Work type: Part time
- Part time role (22.8 hours per week) based in Hobart
- Ongoing position for Justice work in Tasmania
- Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
About the role
You will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating our Prison Support Program in Tasmania.
The program involves training and coordination of volunteer peer supporters within the prison system, to provide support to new and existing prisoners of the Tasmanian Prison Service.
You will be required to work within the Tasmanian Prison Service.
What you’ll bring
- Experience in the implementation and coordination of volunteer led community programs
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Ability to follow and implement organisational policies and contractual requirements
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Ability to develop and deliver an innovative service and strategic initiatives within budget
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build effective stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Good records management and office administration skills including proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Experience and skills working with those impacted by the justice system and in prison settings
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information please see position description below. For additional enquiries please contact Lee Prouse on 03 6235 6005.
Position Description: Coordinator, Prison Support Program PD
Closing date: Wednesday 8 July 2020
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend