Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514463
Work type: Full time
- Maximum Term until 30 June 2023
- Full-time position (38 hours per week)
- Based in Toowoomba, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Reporting to the Service Lead, the Team Leader HomeStay will contribute to enabling place-based operational goals and work plans and lead a team to ensure high quality service delivery that achieves sustainable outcomes for clients and communities.
Holding a key leadership role within Community Programs - Services Unit you will be accountable for exercising management responsibility of a service team to deliver agreed humanitarian service outcomes that support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
What you will bring
- A passion for social change and a record of achievement in delivering solutions that improve people’s lives including the ability to coordinate and motivate teams, set goals, establish priorities and meet deadlines and monitor and improve performance to establish high quality service outcomes
- A comprehensive understanding of current trends and issues in the service delivery sector including knowledge of human services legislative and policy environment and policy and practice standards (particularly in homelessness and case management) and ability to lead, coach and mentor teams to ensure compliance and continuous improvement of relevant legislation, industry standards and best practice
- Proven leadership experience in a human services context and skills in forging a team-based approach and providing direction, supervision and support to staff working preferably within a place based community development environment and/or geographically dispersed workforce in a large matrix based human service organisation
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based casework strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering casework services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities as well as experience of administering Brokerage funds in the context of case
- Demonstrated skills in stakeholder engagement and fostering sustainable partnerships with communities, not-for-profit organisations, government and the private sector
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Tertiary qualifications in human services or a related field
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Charlene Keller on 07 4614 1600
Position Description: Position Description - Team Leader HomeStay.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend