- Part time opportunity, 30.24 hours per week, max term until 30 June 2023
- Hybrid working
- Based in Mt Gambier, SA
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian movement. We support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. We act for humanity.
About the role
The Project Officer – Participation & Inclusion will contribute to Red Cross’ work in increasing the economic and civic participation and belonging of migrants in transition. They will be responsible for the effective development, implementation and monitoring of relevant projects aimed at inclusion activities to increase community cohesion, capacity and sense of belonging; as well as working directly with migrants in transition, community, business and government partners to generate economic and civic participation and capacity building opportunities.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including program development, implementation and evaluation
- Sound and proven stakeholder engagement and partnership development skills and experience with a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in the migration policy and/or service context, including a sensitive awareness of the experience of people impacted by migration – particularly in relation to social cohesion
- Ability to manage complex issues with appropriate discretion in a highly political environment
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the community sector
- A Working with Children check & Driver's License is a mandatory requirement for this role.
Benefits that act for you, while you act for humanity
Financial wellbeing: In addition to your salary, you can take advantage of salary packaging that could provide you with a great way to reduce the amount of tax you pay - and get more from your salary. You can salary package up to $15,900 for living expenses (such as rent, groceries, utility bills); up to $2,650 for holiday accommodation and meals when dining out; Novated car leases; superannuation and purchase additional annual leave.
Health & Wellbeing: You can tap into specialist advice for nutrition, sleep, resilience and mindfulness. And access guided meditation and other wellbeing programs.
Work/Life Flexibility: You can access flexible working arrangements, paid ‘Me’ day just for you and a wide range of other paid leave options
Career development: Access to ongoing learning, training, and development courses
This role is covered by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award - Level 4. Salary from $77,584.00 FTE + superannuation + access to salary packaging.
To find out more about this opportunity please refer to the position description below.
For additional enquiries, please contact Vincent Uwimana on +61 881 005 422 for a confidential discussion.
Position description: Project Officer - Participation and Inclusion Mt Gambier.pdf
Applications close at 11:55pm AEDT on 29 March 2023
Red Cross strives to create a safe and inclusive culture with wellbeing at its centre. We embrace diversity and welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with different lived experiences, abilities, gender, ethnicity, age, and sexual orientation. We are a child safe organisation with zero tolerance of any harm to children. Our vision is to be trusted as the leading humanitarian organisation making a genuine difference in the lives of people and communities.
Thank you for considering a career at Red Cross. We also have great opportunities to volunteer. Click here to find out more.
Job Ref #: 522009