Back to search results
Community Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA) Coordinator
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514526
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
- Ongoing position
- Full time – 38 hours per week
- Based in Blacktown, NSW – weekly travel required
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Community Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA) is a program based on community development principles that trains prisoners as ‘Special Status’ Red Cross volunteers. These volunteers are enabled through the program to provide a community wide response to health and wellbeing priorities within the prison.
The Project Officer is responsible for the effective coordination, operational management and delivery of Community Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA) within correctional settings. The current location is St Heliers Correctional Centre at Muswellbrook.
This position will provide leadership and expert knowledge of the justice sector and play a lead role in project management, program delivery, service development and stakeholder engagement.
The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of internal and external networks and collaborative partnerships that drive the delivery of CBHFA.
What you will bring
- Solid understanding, and implementation experience, of community development practice.
- Experience and understanding of the NSW justice system.
- Proven high level experience in delivering training/education, action based learning and adult learning principles.
- Experience and commitment to working with vulnerable people with complex issues, and a strengths based approach.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex internal and external stakeholder relationships at various levels.
- Well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
A current driver's licence and Working with Children Check are mandatory requirements of this position.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries, please view the position description below or contact Judy Harper on 0400 993 092.
Position description: CBHFA Coordinator - PD.pdf
Applications for this position will close at 11:55pm on Sunday, 21 June 2020.
Please apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may close advertising earlier.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend