Back to search results
Senior Officer - Participation & Inclusion
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514297
Work type: Part time
Location: Northern Territory
- Ongoing role
- Part time hours (30.4 per week)
- Casuarina location
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. As an organisation independent of government and with no political, religious or cultural affiliation, our vision is human dignity, peace, safety and well-being for all.
Australian Red Cross’ Migration Support Programs works to assist migrants in transition to ensure they have their humanitarian needs met and are participating and included in Australian society. Australian Red Cross also works to directly contribute to the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement’s increased impact on migration across the world.
About the role
The Senior Officer – Participation & Inclusion will lead Red Cross’ work in increasing migrants’ in transition economic and civic participation, and belonging. You will lead the continuation and scale up of MSP Projects by working directly with migrants in transition, community members, community organisations, business and government partners to generate opportunities for people in their first five years in Australia. In this role, you will also reform strategic partnerships to activate change for greater engagement in civic, economic and community participation for migrants in transition.
What you will bring
- Proven track record leading strategic projects across areas and sectors
- Experience engaging and managing volunteers
- Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the issues impact migrants in transition in the community
- Excellent knowledge of the asylum seeker and settlement sectors and, of the social cohesion and employment policy
- Experience engaging and building the capacity of individuals to find opportunities for economic and civic participation
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work you do enables Red Cross to assist and empower migrants in transition. We support flexible work arrangements and you can also access to generous salary packaging options using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
To find out more about this opportunity, please see position description below or contact Sabeeha Nihad on 0420 900 953.
514297 Senior Officer - Participation and Inclusion PD.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend