Back to search results
Staff Development Nurse
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514180
Work type: Part time
Location: Western Australia
- Deliver technical training and provide clinical advice to all clinical and non-clinical staff
- Part time - 24 hours per week, great location
- Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
Our Lady Lawley Cottage
Lady Lawley Cottage offers children and young people with disability a range of supports tailored to meet their individual needs.
The team works across two purpose-designed premises in Cottesloe and East Fremantle as well as in the community, providing a home-away-from-home experience including Day, Short Stays, High Dependency and Positive Behaviour Support.
What you’d be doing
You will monitor compliance requirements under the department of health and DSC standards, ensuring Lady Lawley Cottage policy and procedures are in line with the appropriate quality frameworks, providing training and clinical care capabilities across Lady Lawley Cottage, assessing staff competency under training and assessment standards, and working with the families and carers of Lady Lawley Cottage clients to ensure safe and effective clinical transition from the service.
You will work with the Quality and Risk Coordinator to review and update the Standard Operating Procedures for LLC and ensure implementation through appropriate education and support. You will work closely with the high needs manager and the registered nurses.
You will need to be engaging and enthusiastic with all staff members. Organisation is an essential skill for this role. You will be accountable for managing competencies records and requirements. The role requires flexibility, including weekend work.
What you’ll bring
- Proven ability to effectively translate clinical knowledge into either written or verbal form for the purpose of staff training
- Previous experience working with complex clients with disabilities with ability to develop effective solutions to identified problems to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate appropriate conduct in a range of situations aligned with the organisation’s principles, behaviours and competencies and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation, e.g., WHS, Medication Management, AHPRA Codes and Guidelines, Food Safety and Hygiene Standards , Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines for Practice
- Extensive experience writing and delivering training programs in line with industry standards
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
Work in a beautiful location while delivering technical training and providing clinical advice to all clinical and non-clinical staff.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year. Onsite car parking available too.
For further information please see the position description below.
If you’d like to know more contact: Nicola Healy on 08 0931 8211
Position description: Staff Development Nurse PD - 2018.pdf
Applications for this position will close on Sunday, 05 April 2020 at 11:55PM AEST
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend