Back to search results
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514150
Work type: Full time
Location: Western Australia
- Case Manager role in Humanitarian Settlement Program, Perth
- Full time and Part time positions available till January/March 2021
- Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people. The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) aims to build the skills and knowledge for social and economic well-being of refugees and humanitarian entrants. The HSP delivers Settlement Services to Clients through a tailored, needs-based case management approach.
Further information on these programs is available on our website http://www.redcross.org.au/migration-support.aspx
What you’d be doing
You will be responsible for the provision of quality case management and community development services to eligible HSP clients. This role operates within the collaborative client services Hub and one-to-one appointment context. The Case Manager has an overall responsibility for each HSP’s client journey and is responsible for management of complex cases.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated quality case work and case management skills, especially in a cross cultural setting.
- Proven ability to support clients with complex and/or escalating mental health issues, family violence, employment, education pathways and child protection issues
- Proven ability to communicate and apply effective interview techniques to sensitively gain information from clients.
- Proven ability to manage complex and sensitive issues with absolute discretion in a highly complex environment.
- Effective communication with a broad range of people (verbal and written) including communication of technical/procedural/ legislative information to clients.
- Well-developed understanding of refugee and resettlement experience
- Current Driver Licence. A working with Children check is mandatory for this role
Case manager must have, as a minimum, one of the following qualifications (or an equivalent alternate qualification )
- Diploma of Community Services ( Case Management
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences ( Community Services )
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Psychological Services
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
Generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information please see the position description below or contact Wendy Gaitho Maina on 0892258830
Please apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may close advertising earlier.
Position description: Position Description - HSP Case Manager.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend