Back to search results
Director, International and Movement Relations
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514148
Work type: Full time
- A unique opportunity to join an exceptional Leadership Team
- Lead Australian Red Cross operations focussed across Asia Pacific
- Help maximise our impact on changing humanitarian needs
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. As an organisation independent of government and with no political, religious or cultural affiliation, our vision is human dignity, peace, safety and well-being for all.
Our focus is on building an active movement of people united by a shared commitment to humanitarian values; empowering everyone to do what's most needed in their communities and leveraging Red Cross' resources and expertise to build a hopeful and exciting future.
As the Director, you will lead our work in international disaster risk reduction and delivering humanitarian outcomes in the Asia Pacific.
You will provide thought leadership on global reforms in the humanitarian sector and lead our organisation-wide strategy and relationship with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
As part of the organisation’s Executive Leadership, you will oversee the implementation and ongoing evolution of the organisation’s international programs and Movement engagement strategies.
What you will bring
- Extensive knowledge and leadership experience in international humanitarian sector
- Track record operating in the global humanitarian context including experience with multilaterals such as Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, UN agencies and International NGO’s
- Proven experience in international disaster risk reduction and international emergency response
- Demonstrated success in achieving positive outcomes through working with partners and key stakeholders including in large networked organisations
- Proven ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and best use of limited resources
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, members and Boards and delivering outcomes on approved objectives
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, skills and/or experience in the not for profit sector or related fields
Why work for us?
Work for purpose and know that the work you do and the directorate you lead, helps Red Cross to save lives, build resilient communities and support people in disasters.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Please review the information pack for more detailed information about our organisation and the role. For additional enquiries, please contact Carissa Williams on 03 9345 1881.
Information pack - Director International and Movement Relations.pdf
During your online application you will be prompted to upload your resume and cover letter. It is not necessary for you to address each of the selection criteria as part of your application but you could highlight your key transferrable skills and experience in a cover letter.
Closing date: Tuesday 10 March 2020 at 11:55pm AEDT
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend