Back to search results
Community Development Project Officer
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 514103
Work type: Full time
- Identified Full time ongoing role
- Excellent Salary Packaging Options
- Based in Hobart, TAS
Applicants must be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. This is an act done for the purpose of carrying out a scheme for the benefit of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people under section 25 and a measure intended to achieve equality under section 26 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (TAS).
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the Role
With a focus on Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander people, you will support community project delivery for our place based initiatives in Southern Tasmania.
This is a great opportunity to utilise your project management, facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to build capacity as determined by the communities.
You will contribute to improved social outcomes for the Bridgewater Gagebrook and Herdsman Cove communities with a focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members.
What you will bring
- As an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, demonstrate a level of connection, knowledge and understanding of Tasmanian Aboriginal people and culture and be willing to share this knowledge and influence within the organisation
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, including the requirement for genuine consultation and negotiation
- Well-developed project management skills
- Ability to identify and seek support in dealing to escalate complex issues, with an emphasis on the health and wellbeing needs of people
- Demonstrated ability to liaise appropriately and strategically with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to support service delivery and projects and prepare or edit data, correspondence, agendas, minutes and reports as required
- A Working with Vulnerable People Check is a mandatory requirement for the role
- A current valid Australian Driver’s Licence
Work for an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of people and communities during times of vulnerability. Excellent salary packaging options are available to increase your take home pay.
For more information please refer to the position description below or contact Lee Prouse on 03 6235 6005
Position Description: Community Development Project Officer PD 2020.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend