Back to search results
Migration and Emergency Services Lead - Hobart
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 513626
Work type: Full time
- Full time ongoing role based in Hobart
- Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
We have recently organised ourselves in Tasmania – it’s a great time to join us as we embed our structure and new ways of working.
About the role
You will provide strategic leadership for Tasmania to meet the emerging and changing needs of Migration Support and Emergency Services.
You will build local stakeholder engagement in our key areas of focus for Red Cross. You will also input into org-wide strategy based on your understanding of local needs, gaps and emerging issues.
You will lead the Migration and Emergency Services Teams and be responsible for our operational delivery in Tasmania.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated cultural competence and ability to work with and lead people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting people in Migration and Emergency management
- Proven experience in managing client and operational service delivery
- Proven track record in networking, stakeholder engagement within a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic projects, preferably in agile ways of working
Why work for us?
Work for purpose and know that your work you do helps Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Sharon Wachtel on 03 6235 6000 for a confidential conversation.
PD - Migration and Emergency Services Lead - TAS.pdf
Closing date: 11.55pm Tuesday 22 October 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend