Back to search results
Health and Wellbeing Officer
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 513504
Work type: Part time
Location: South Australia
- Part time position 22.5 hours per week
- Maximum term role until June 2020
- Based in Adelaide, SA
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The primary focus of this position is to coordinate the daily operational requirements and the administration of the Police Call Outs Service. The position will also lead and coordinate volunteers to ensure that the programs can efficiently and positively provide the relevant services to clients.
This role will ensure that programs and training are integrated across the teams, meets program quality standards and takes up of new development opportunities. This role will also assist with the delivery of health, education, wellbeing and psychological support programs and activities.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, including external stakeholders, service providers and young people from varying cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships and relate to a range of people at all levels including funding bodies, volunteers, staff, schools, students and government departments.
- Sound computer skills, intermediate word processing skills, spreadsheet and database use skills.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of a harm minimisation approach in relation to alcohol and other drug use and mental health.
- Demonstrated understanding of government and not-for-profit sectors and drug and alcohol related issues affecting young people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community development principles and practices
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description below or contact Bethany Bailey on 0466539488
Position Description: Health and Well Being Officer PCO 2019.pdf
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend