Back to search results
Portfolio Manager Fiji, Tonga and Pacific region
People helping people - that's the power of humanity
Job no: 513484
Work type: Full time
- Full time position
- Ongoing role
- Based in Melbourne
About the role
Australian Red Cross’s International Programs Directorate has embarked on a journey to redefine the way in which it operates both within Australian and Internationally. The foundation of this change is the increased capacity of our Partners across the Asia Pacific region, a commitment to the localisation of humanitarian assistance and a recognition that the added value of Australian Red Cross has evolved away from a project management function into one of brokerage and the mutual exchange of knowledge, values and joint exploration.
In the context of this change, Australian Red Cross is seeking an experienced senior humanitarian professional who will be responsible for driving change through fostering strong working relationships with Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, ICRC, donors and external organisations in the Pacific. Together with our Partners the Portfolio Manager for Fiji, Tonga and Pacific region will identify areas of cooperation to increase the delivery of quality humanitarian assistance through reinforcing each Partner’s role as sustainable civil society organisations in their own countries, and to embrace innovative ways of working that foster collective impact models with internal and external stakeholders.
The Portfolio Manager Fiji, Tonga and Pacific region will act as a key contact point for International Programs within their designated portfolio; as well as to access evidence of impact, learning, humanitarian diplomacy and public engagement content; and business development processes.
Inherent requirements of this role include international and domestic travel as well as after-hours, emergency on-call duties. A condition of employment with Australian Red Cross is that all employees abide by security and health protocols, procedures and policies
What you will bring
- Significant senior level experience in organisational wide strategic relationship development with internal and external partners in the pursuit of broad and specific program goals.
- Experience and willingness to explore new models of partnership.
- Extensive experience of achieving strategic outcomes by working through multi-laterally and collective impact models, i.e. through third parties.
- Experience of working in the Pacific region
- Proven ability in analysis, strategic planning and successful oversight of complex operations.
- Proven experience in mobilising resources to support humanitarian outcomes from institutional and public donors from within and external to the Australian environment.
- Demonstrated success in managing and attracting institutional donors including the Australian Government (DFAT).
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information please view the position description below or contact Michael Annear on 03 9345 1802.
Position Description : Portfolio Manager.docx
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend